One of the 7 flagship initiatives identified in the EUROPE 2020 strategy. It was issued in January 2011 as an umbrella communication: “A resource-efficient Europe – Flagship initiative under the Europe 2020 Strategy” (COM(2011)23). It provides a long-term framework for actions in
many policy areas, supporting policy agendas for climate change, energy, transport, industry, raw materials, agriculture, fisheries, biodiversity and regional development. Its objectives are ambitious: helping to decouple economic growth from the use of resources, supporting the shift towards a low carbon economy, increasing the use of renewable energy sources, modernising the transport sector and promoting energy efficiency.
- Energy 2020: A strategy for competitive, sustainable and secure energy http://ec.europa.eu/energy/strategies/2010/2020_en.htm
- European energy efficiency plan 2011 http://ec.europa.eu/energy/efficiency/action_plan/action_plan_en.htm
- Energy Efficiency Directive : - http://ec.europa.eu/energy/efficiency/eed/eed_en.htm
- 2020 EU biodiversity policy and strategy http://ec.europa.eu/environment/nature/biodiversity/comm2006/2020.htm
Roadmap for a resource-efficient
- Low-carbon economy 2050 roadmap http://ec.europa.eu/clima/policies/roadmap/index_en.htm