IMA-Europe is an umbrella organisation which brings together a number of European associations specific to individual minerals, currently:
- CCA-Europe European Calcium Carbonate Association
- EBA European Borates Association
- ESMA European Specialty Minerals Association
- EUBA European Bentonite Association
- EuLA European Lime Association
- EUROFEL European Association of Feldspar Producers
- EUROSIL European Association of Silica Producers
- EUROTALC Scientific Association of the European Talc Industry
- IDPA International Diatomite Producers Association
- KPC-Europe European Kaolin and Plastic Clays Association
IMA-Europe General Assembly and Board
Sections are represented and collaborate within the IMA-Europe General Assembly and Board, which determine and prioritize common areas of work. Each section is entitled to two seats on the IMA-Europe Board of Directors, i.e.: one for the Section President, who is statutory Vice-President and Board Member; and one for the Section's 2nd representative.
IMA-North America has a permanent, non- nominative seat with no voting rights on the IMA-Europe Board of Directors. The IMA-Europe Technical Board Chairman has an advisory seat with no voting rights on the IMA-Europe Board of Directors. The past IMA-Europe President has a one-year advisory seat with no specific title and no voting right on the IMA-Europe Board.
The Industrial Minerals Chief executive Council (IMCEC) is open to the CEOs of IMA Member companies. The IMCEC sets long-term priorities and strategies to ensure a broad representation of European Industrial Minerals to the Institutions, the public and other industries.
IMA Technical Board
Although each section has its own organization and specific concerns, horizontal issues are dealt with by the Technical Board, within working groups established under three different pools:
- Industrial Affairs
- Product Stewardship